To change DNS settings and connect to our system from Android 2.x device you can do following:
1. Settings –> Wireless and Networks –> Wi-Fi settings
2. Menu > Advanced
3. Tick “Static IP”
4. Copy current IP address (few lines above) to IP address field
5. Set Gateway as router IP (usually the same as current IP except last number is .1, e.g., if your phone IP 192.168.1.102 then router’s likely 192.168.1.1)
6. Set Netmask 255.255.255.0 (sometimes it’s different, but you should already know what to do if it is)
7. Set DNS 1 and DNS 2 with DNS IP below
8. Menu > “Save”
9. Restart your phone (power cycle).
10. Verify configuration on our client area
You can do this on your pc if they are in same network.