You have to add a prime eligible item to your Amazon cart to activate Amazon Prime but don’t have too actually purchase anything.
1. Go to http://www.amazon.com/gp/prime/ref=footer_prime and click on Start your 30-day free trial on the right.
2. Amazon will show you some prime eligible items. Pick one to add to your cart.
3. Click Proceed to check out.
4. Enter a US address in the shipping address. Make up one. If you don’t have any idea, try visiting http://www.fakenamegenerator.com .
5. Continue the checkout process. Enter your credit card details.
6. Once you pass the credit card process, Amazon will let you activate the Amazon Prime trial.
7. Your Amazon Prime trial has been activated. You can abandon your cart or remove it.
[alert title=”Note”]You will be automatically charged $99/year after your 30-day trial ends. Don’t forget to cancel if you don’t like it.[/alert]